Sunday, June 23, 2013

Week 5 down

Sorry I didn't update for a while, but I will update week by week from what I missed.

Week five was good for running as that was more of my focus at this stage.  Everything is going as planned and my running was lacking more than biking coming into training, so I have been making a big focus on getting better running results early so that I could see where I stand.

Sunday: 20 miles in one hour biking.  Intervals on the trainer using Trainer Road software.

Monday:  Intervals at the gym on the treadmill and hit some pretty good times doing 8x800 meter intervals at 3:00 a piece with 3 minutes of walking at 3.5mph between each interval.  6.9 total miles today.  No weights this week.

Tuesday: 16 miles on an easy day outside.  Enjoyed the weather and took a training day at zone 1.

Wednesday: 7.4 miles today in 59 minutes.  Working on my race pace and was unable to hit it today, wanted to go at 6:52 for 45 minutes, but wound up doing closer to a 7:03 pace.

Thursday: ran 4.7 miles easy.  Did a workout on this day because my brother's wedding is on Saturday!

Friday: Rest, did some swimming at the hotel pool, but nothing to really call a great workout or anything.

Saturday:  Ran 4.5 miles on the hotel treadmill at an easy pace as a wakeup before my brother's big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment