Sunday, June 23, 2013

Week 8 (Tour de California)

So happy that Trainer Road did this tour simulation on this week.  Really got me to rest my running legs and get some much needed cycling practice in.  Kind of like periodization where you make progress in one discipline while another takes the back seat for a little while.  I really enjoyed this and by the end of the week I was in the top 5 for cycling miles on slowtwitch's training log.  Only time I have ever been there!  All biking miles this week.

Sunday:  Stage 1, 29 miles in just under 1.5 hours.

Monday:  Stage 2, 28 miles

Tuesday: Stage 3, 26.5 miles

Wednesday: Stage 4, 19 miles

Thursday:  Stage 5, 24 miles ... can't believe I am still holding this strong!

Friday:  Stages 6 and 7, 55 miles total today.  Why would I do a hilly stage and a time trial all in one day?  Wow, today hurt, but in a good, sadistic way.

Saturday:  Stage 8, 21 miles and their simulation of going in loops with turns was very good.  I actually felt like I was hitting a turn while I was sitting stationary on a trainer.

203 miles total this week!  Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment