Monday, June 24, 2013

Week 9 - back to balance

Well, we are done with the big running block and then followed that up with some recovery for my running legs while I logged my biggest week ever for biking.

Sunday: rest

Monday: total of 5.1 miles running with 6 x 800m intervals at 3:20 each.  Legs felt good and great to be back running.  Went out for a bike ride outside in the afternoon of 19 miles in 1 hour, 2 minutes.  Just some basic riding, a couple hills, mainly zone 2 training.  Also did 50 minutes of strength training today to help remain injury free.

Tuesday:  rest, got today's workout done yesterday since today was going to be busy with work and other duties.

Wednesday:  10 mile run in 1 hour, 25 minutes.  Legs felt great, weather was nice, so great to be running outdoors.

Thursday:  3.5 easy miles to keep legs fresh.

Friday:  Rain on my long bike day, oh well.  4 hours on the trainer and 84 miles!  Stunk up the whole family room and had a great time doing it while clearing out the DVR, lol.  Great day, just hope that the rain clears up sometime so I can do a long bike outdoors for a change.

Saturday:  3 easy miles, was going to be 6, but fell down on the sidewalk on a raised piece of concrete and skinned my knee up while damaging my long compression pants.  I went home just in case, but luckily didn't really hurt anything, just a bruise.

So far my weekly totals are as follows for running / biking

Week 1: R 28 / B 72
Week 2: R32 / B 89.5
Week 3: R 36 / B 84
Week 4: R 26 / B 111.5
Week 5: R 22.4 / B 36
Week 6: R 32.5 / B 32
Week 7: R 14 / B 94.5
Week 8: R 0 / B 203
Week 9: R 21.5 / B 113

No comments:

Post a Comment