Monday, June 24, 2013

Week 10 - return of speedwork

Speedwork kind of took a back seat with recovery from half marathon and bike speedwork was all in week 8 combined with endurance.  Getting back to speed and getting ready for my first duathlon of the year in the beginning of week 11 (sprint duathlon of 5k run / 20k bike / 5k run).

Sunday:  1 hour, 15 minutes and 24 miles of outdoor riding, great weather for a change!

Monday: 2x20 minute tempo running at about 6:45/mi pace on the treadmill.  Did a total of 7.4 miles running and then did an hour of strength training.  Great day overall.

Tuesday:  Time Trial tuesdays (every other tuesday) in the evenings.  Worked in the morning, came home, packed up my bike and went out.  The course is a little hilly and windy, but not too much.  I did two 8.4 mile loops and on each loop my chain came off when I flipped to the top ring on a downhill (I only use my big ring if I am going over 28mph).  Still wound up with 21.4mph on each loop, so even splits on an evening after work is good for my first time doing the local time trial series.

Wednesday: 2 hour long run of 14 miles.  Nothing great to report, but more importantly nothing bad.

Thursday: 34 mile bike in an hour and 40 minutes.  Biking is feeling good right now and that's probably due to some big biking mileage.

Friday and Saturday:  Working and had to do some house work, planned on taking one of these days off but wound up getting two days of rest before my race on Sunday!

Week 10:  Run 21.4 miles / Bike 74 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment