Sunday, June 23, 2013

Week 7

Coming off of my half marathon and working back into a normal routine.  Working the day after going all out may not have been a good idea as I had to wear a wrap around my right knee and put a brace on my right ankle this week.  I am not hurting where I can't run at all, just hurting enough to take caution.

Sunday: rest

Monday:  Easy 2.4 miles to start getting back into it.

Tuesday: More rest.

Wednesday:  22 mile bike ride on trainer, good session and I feel like I am recovered.

Thursday:  7 mile run and pacing strong, feeling great until after the run.  Still enough to keep a bandage on my knee.

Friday:  Longest bike ride of the year, did 72.5 miles on my trainer.  I must be weird as I don't mind staring at the TV and riding in the same spot for 3.5 hours!  If that's what it takes to hit my goals, that's what I will do!

Saturday:  4.5 mile easy run ... going to take a week off of running and focus on cycling.  Tour de California starts tomorrow and Trainer Road is doing a simulation that is about 1/4 of the time that the pros ride so I think I will focus on that next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment