Friday, July 19, 2013

Week 16 - cutback week

Cutting back this week to give my body a rest so I can do another big week next week.  Also cutback weeks are when I see most of my gains.

Sunday:  Doing a run instead of a bike since I was a day behind on the long ride last week.  Just ran 30 minutes today at an easy pace and did 3.3 miles.  Still feeling the high TSS bike day on the trainer from Saturday.

Monday: Rest and an hour at the gym doing strength work.

Tuesday:  7.4 mile run in an hour in the morning and did a FTP test on the trainer in the PM.  Wound up getting my FTP set to 261 watts now so I guess my workouts will be harder now on the trainer.  I am noticing higher speeds when biking outdoors so it is logical that the FTP is higher.

Wednesday: 9.7 mile run with 3.5 uphill and 3.5 downhill.  This is my "long run" since it is a cutback week and it was all done at a conservative pace around 8:40 or so.

Thursday: Rest day.

Friday:  Switched my tires to Continental GP 4000 S and got to take them for a spin today on the road.  Bike ride after work of 42 miles in just over 2 hours and felt really good and strong, cutback weeks are fun!  I did go out at about 19-20mph and came back at 23-25mph.  Extra time was due to traffic and lights.  Had a race planned for this Sunday, but got an email to say that the waters are too high and the park is closed so therefore it is rescheduled to August 11th.

Saturday: Was going to do a 2 mile race sharpener run with a half mile warmup and half mile cooldown, but with no race I did an easy 5 miler at a real conservative 9 min/mile pace.

Mileage was 63 miles biking this week and 25.5 miles running, so it has been a pretty easy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment