Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Training has started!!!

Monday was my first day of training after the 6 week build and two days of rest.  During the build I averaged 27 miles per week running and 75 miles per week biking.  Biking has improved a good bit, but my running has improved immensely since last year.  I did 1 day of speedwork and 1 day of inclines every week (on average, some weeks 2 and some weeks zero as I had no set schedule during the offseason).

So Monday's workout was intervals, I did the following running:

1 mile warmup
400 meters - 1:30
800 meters - 3:05
1200 meters - 4:40
1200 meters - 4:40
800 meters - 3:05
400 meters - 1:30
0.4 mile cooldown
Total mileage 5.3 miles.

After running I did weight training; adductors, leg curls, leg press, rows, bench press, incline press, and side to sides (no clue what the name of this exercise is but I sit on a decline bench and twist side to side with a 25 pounds weight in my hand - 100 reps).  Stretched and drank an ensure after that.

Tuesday I was on the bike and did an hour and a half on the trainer using trainerroad.com software.  The ride for today was called Junction.  It is two sets of 3x5 minutes at threshold with a 15 sec burst at the beginning of each set.  Then there were three 16x 15 sec on/15 sec off bursts.  So basically you do 150% of your threshold power for 15 seconds, then down to 40% for 15 seconds.  Now repeat 16 times and do three sets of that.  I did good overall but kind of faded towards the last on/off set and did 10 of the 16 bursts.  Total riding of 32 miles Tuesday.

Wednesday I did my long run.  First mile was warmup at 9:00, then I went to a 7:30/mile pace for the next 8 miles.  At that point I bumped it up to my half marathon race pace of 6:52/mile and did 1.6 miles at that pace before ending at 10.6 miles in 80 minutes total.  Then proceeded to cool down for the next 0.4 miles.

Thursday will be my rest day!

No comments:

Post a Comment