Friday, March 15, 2013

Building my running base before starting training on March 24th, so I have cut down to 2 days of cycling instead of 3 for last week and this week. 

Saturday I did a 4.5 mile recovery run, nice and easy pace.  Took dog for a walk in the afternoon which turned into a 1 mile run at 6:00/mile pace.

Sunday I did a 1 hour ride on the trainer and went 23 miles, did three 9 minute sets around FTP (functional threshold power) which for me is 210 watts right now.

Monday I ran 5.2 miles and did 6x800 meter intervals at my planned 10k pace of 6:40/mile.  After that I did some weight lifting, about 40% of my max weight and 20-30 reps per exercise.

Tuesday I did a trainer ride in the morning, only finished 3 of 5 ten minute sets strong, faded bad on the 4th one.  Usually I eat an english muffin or bagel with peanut butter in the morning and skipped that today.  I won't do that again, but I did do 27 miles in 1 hour, 16 minutes.  In the afternoon I ran outside since the weather was over 40 and did 3.6 miles in 26:20, felt like an easy pace too.

Wednesday I woke up with an itchy throat, but I took a couple mucinex and went to the gym to do my workout.  Ran 1 hour, 30 minutes on the treadmill and went 11.85 miles.  Didn't have enough gas to pick up the pace on the last mile, but that time is right where I need to be 7.5 weeks away from my half marathon.  Later in the day I felt a little sluggish and out of it.

Thursday I woke up and my body felt good, but throat was hurting worse.  After work I did an easy 3.6 mile recovery jog and went to swimming lessons in the evening.

Friday (today), was my planned rest day, but I woke up sniffling, sneezing, blowing my nose and basically have everything except a fever.  I had to call off work and am just sitting at home today resting.  10k race on Sunday, hopefully I will feel better for that.  Any time I have been sick on race day adrenaline seems to be able to kick in and get me through the day feeling fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment